Access information on mental health services in Rochdale.
Rochdale and District Mind are here to support you, but we are not a crisis service. If you need urgent help, there are other people and organisations out there that can help you.
* GP surgery
* Rochdale Accident and Emergency Dept A mental health professional worker will be on duty to arrange for a mental health assessment.
* Samaritans : 116 123 - The Samaritans provide confidential non-judgemental support, 24 hours a day, for people experiencing feelings of distress or despair, including those which could lead to suicide.
* Non Emergency NHS Helpline : 111. You should use this service if you urgently need medical help or advice, but it's not life threatening.
* Emergency Services : 999. if you, or somebody else is at risk due to a mental health crisis, you should ring for an ambulance or police.
* National Mind Information Line : 0300 123 3393. The information line offers callers confidential help on a wide range of mental health issues. Calls from anywhere in the UK are charged at local call rates. Their website (www.mind.org.uk) provides useful factsheets on various mental health issues which are downloadable for free.