Training in Mind
Connect 5 Train the Trainer
Become a Greater Manchester Connect 5 Trainer and cascade mental wellbeing training across your workforce. Covid19 has impacted mental wellbeing across all areas. We can all help ourselves and others by becoming a Connect 5 trainer.
Connect 5 is a transformative training programme created to:
- Connect with the population, to make every contact count – integrating active promotion of mental health and wellbeing into everyday practice.
- Connect with individuals experiencing subthreshold or low levels of common mental health problems: helping them help themselves.
- Connect with individuals experiencing high levels of mental distress and/or suicidality: so they get the right help at the right time.
- Connect with frontline staff: facilitating peer–to–peer training and spreading of innovation through established networks.
- Connect with local systems: harnessing local resources, energy, and assets to drive and sustain social change.
The Connect 5 programme is designed to help give our diverse workforce the skills and confidence to have enabling conversations with the public. Informed by contemporary evidence, these conversations empower individuals to take action that improves their own
mental health and wellbeing. Connect 5 aims to improve population mental wellbeing by changing the way people have conversations about mental wellbeing with the public. Delivered online or face to face during the current climate.
For more information about the Connect 5 course please contact our Training Lead, Neil Kerr [email protected] or 07969 150 018.
We are part of the Mind in Greater Manchester partnership. We deliver high-quality workplace wellbeing training at competitive prices in all areas of the region. As your expert mental health partner, we support people to live well in their communities and at work. Through our Greater Manchester offer, we can enable you to develop a healthy workforce and community with our Revolutionising Wellbeing training package.