We are currently seeking to recruit new members to our Board of Trustees with skills that will complement those of existing trustees and who are committed to the aims and objectives of our organisation.
The role of a board member is to set the policy framework and organisational structure which will enable Rochdale and District Mind to deliver high-quality, innovative and user friendly services for people with mental health issues.
Successful applicants will be expected to undergo an Enhanced level Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check (a previous conviction does not necessarily preclude employment)
We recognise the importance and benefits of having a diverse and inclusive work force, and would therefore particularly welcome applications from the following, currently under-represented, groups:
- People from culturally diverse communities
- Disabled people
- People with diverse sexual orientations and gender identities
RDM Mind is committed to meeting the reasonable adjustments of disabled people and always welcomes applications from people with lived experience of mental health problems.
This is an exciting opportunity for a qualified accountant to take on the role of Treasurer for Rochdale and District Mind. The purpose of your role as a Treasurer is to lead the board in its oversight of our finances and offer financial guidance to the wider board and our CEO and Senior Leadership Team. We have a diverse board and warmly welcome first-time and suitably qualified candidates who bring new perspectives.
- Oversee the financial affairs of Rochdale and District Mind and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice.
- Oversee efficient record-keeping.
- Monitor and report on the financial health of the organisation.
- Oversee the production of necessary financial reports/returns, accounts and audits.
- Review periodically the charity’s financial control procedures to ensure they are up to date and adequately protect the charity’s assets.
- Lead the Audit and Finance Committee, working with the CEO and Finance Manager to set appropriate agendas, reporting to the board and ensuring that action points are monitored and taken forward.
You will need to:
- Have a certified accountancy qualification.
- Be proficient in analysing financial and non-financial information strategically.
- Have the ability to balance independent judgment with effective teamwork within the board.
- Have strong communication skills, with the ability to work supportively and collaboratively with Co-Chairs, CEO, and Finance Manager, being accessible via email or phone between board meetings.
- Demonstrate commitment to the organisation’s vision of supporting mental health and promoting equality, diversity, and inclusion.
- Demonstrate willingness to comprehend and fulfil trustee duties, and attend necessary training, particularly if new to the role of Treasurer in a charitable organisation.
Contact us if you have any questions about the role:
If you would like a call to discuss the role in more detail, please email Marlijn Wijkhuizen at [email protected] to arrange a convenient time. Having a call of this kind will not influence the success or otherwise of your application.
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability, and potential; please get in touch with us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help make the application process work for you.
How to apply
Eastside People is supporting Rochdale and District Mind in the recruitment of this role.
Please ensure you read the Candidate Information Pack before applying. Application is via the Hireful App (button below) with a CV and covering letter which should indicate why you are interested in applying for the Finance Manager role and how you meet the person specification.
The closing date for applications is 18 December 2023. Interviews will take place in the week commencing 8 or 15 January 2024.
Trustee Board Member
Approx. 3-4 hours per month
We are welcoming applicants for the role of Trustee. We welcome people from all the diverse communities in the area that have an interest in mental health and have a passion to help support and steer Rochdale and district Mind. We are also in particularly interested in recruiting individuals with knowledge and experience in, Finance, Law and fundraising to sit on our finance subgroup.
The Board meets bi-monthly and more frequently if necessary to provide an accountability framework for the often complex and demanding work undertaken by this organisation. We estimate that your time commitment would be 3-4 hours per month. For more information call 01706 752333.
Please send completed CVs to: [email protected]