We exist to ensure that people do not face mental health issues alone and can live their lives free from stigma and discrimination. We believe that we all have the potential to make positive change and to lead meaningful and purposeful lives.
All our staff contribute to the ongoing development of an ambitious and inspirational culture and provide hope, empowerment and choices that support individuals to thrive and reach their full potential.
Successful applicants will be expected to undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service Check (DBS) at a level appropriate to the role. A previous conviction does not necessarily preclude employment.
We recognise the importance and benefits of having a diverse and inclusive work force, and would therefore particularly welcome applications from the following, currently under-represented, groups:
· People from culturally diverse communities
· Disabled people
· People with diverse sexual orientations and gender identities
RDM Mind is committed to meeting the reasonable adjustments of disabled people and always welcomes applications from people with lived experience of mental health problems.
Please note: only successful candidates will be contacted.
Location: Rochdale, Manchester
Salary: £42,000 to £47,000 dependent upon experience
Contract Type: full-time, permanent
This is an exciting opportunity to become a vital part of our Senior Leadership Team as a Finance Manager, overseeing the financial reporting of Rochdale and District Mind and its subsidiary company.
The selected candidate will be responsible for producing management accounts and providing the Senior Leadership Team and Board of Trustees with the essential insights needed to track financial targets aligned with the organisation’s overarching strategy.
- Guide strategic financial management.
- Advise Leadership and Board on financial strategy.
- Oversee financial reporting, audits, and statutory compliance.
- Produce management forecasts for Board insight.
- Manage payroll and support contract tendering.
- Balance income and expenditure.
- Supervise equipment and materials procurement and maintenance.
You will need to have:
- Financial Management: Experience in planning, budgeting, and forecasting and proficient in financial software.
- Compliance: Familiar with financial regulations for charities
- Bookkeeping: Excellent with records and accounting software.
- Data Analysis: Experience of interpreting financial data for cost-saving insights.
- Communication: Strong written and verbal skills.
- Teamwork: capable of working collaboratively and ensuring financial transparency.
- Problem Solving: Ability to offer quick resolution of financial issues.
Rochdale and District Mind is a mental health charity that supports people in the community who are facing mental health challenges. As part of the Mind Federation and the Mind in Greater Manchester partnership, our goal is to ensure that individuals do not face mental health issues alone and can live free from stigma and discrimination.
- Auto-enrolment Pension scheme with 3% contribution from the organisation
- Opportunities for hybrid and flexible working arrangements, as deemed reasonable
- Training and development opportunities
- Our commitment to providing wellbeing opportunities in support of staff, including an Employee Assistance Programme
This is an exciting opportunity for a qualified accountant to take on the role of Treasurer for Rochdale and District Mind. The purpose of your role as a Treasurer is to lead the board in its oversight of our finances and offer financial guidance to the wider board and our CEO and Senior Leadership Team. We have a diverse board and warmly welcome first-time and suitably qualified candidates who bring new perspectives.
- Oversee the financial affairs of Rochdale and District Mind and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice.
- Oversee efficient record-keeping.
- Monitor and report on the financial health of the organisation.
- Oversee the production of necessary financial reports/returns, accounts and audits.
- Review periodically the charity’s financial control procedures to ensure they are up to date and adequately protect the charity’s assets.
- Lead the Audit and Finance Committee, working with the CEO and Finance Manager to set appropriate agendas, reporting to the board and ensuring that action points are monitored and taken forward.
You will need to:
- Have a certified accountancy qualification.
- Be proficient in analysing financial and non-financial information strategically.
- Have the ability to balance independent judgment with effective teamwork within the board.
- Have strong communication skills, with the ability to work supportively and collaboratively with Co-Chairs, CEO, and Finance Manager, being accessible via email or phone between board meetings.
- Demonstrate commitment to the organisation’s vision of supporting mental health and promoting equality, diversity, and inclusion.
- Demonstrate willingness to comprehend and fulfil trustee duties, and attend necessary training, particularly if new to the role of Treasurer in a charitable organisation.
Contact us if you have any questions about the role:
If you would like a call to discuss the role in more detail, please email Marlijn Wijkhuizen at [email protected] to arrange a convenient time. Having a call of this kind will not influence the success or otherwise of your application.
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability, and potential; please get in touch with us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help make the application process work for you.
How to apply
Eastside People is supporting Rochdale and District Mind in the recruitment of this role.
Please ensure you read the Candidate Information Pack before applying. Application is via the Hireful App (button below) with a CV and covering letter which should indicate why you are interested in applying for the Finance Manager role and how you meet the person specification.
The closing date for applications is 18 December 2023. Interviews will take place in the week commencing 8 or 15 January 2024.
Trustee Board Member
We are welcoming applicants for the role of Trustee. We welcome people from all the diverse communities in the area that have an interest in mental health and have a passion to help support and steer Rochdale and district Mind. We are also in particularly interested in recruiting individuals with knowledge and experience in, Finance, Law and fundraising to sit on our finance subgroup.
The Board meets bi-monthly and more frequently if necessary to provide an accountability framework for the often complex and demanding work undertaken by this organisation. We estimate that your time commitment would be 3-4 hours per month. For more information call 01706 752333.
Please send completed CVs to: [email protected]
To view our Internal Privacy Notice, please click here.
We keep this page up to date so please pop back. Why not follow us on social media and see our exciting opportunities as they come up