Are you struggling with your mental health and emotional wellbeing?
Please don’t suffer alone. If you’re feeling anxious, low, are struggling with negative thoughts, or just need someone to talk to, we are here for you.
What is the Listening Lounge?
There are many names used to describe out of hours non clinical support including Sanctuaries, Crisis cafes, Safe Havens and Listening Lounges.
Healthwatch describes the aim of Crisis cafes is “to be a safe, welcoming place where people can go outside of normal working hours, instead of A&E or other urgent services, if they are feeling emotionally distressed or are in a ‘mental health crisis’.
Our Listening Lounge provides a safe, comfortable, and confidential space that is open out of normal working hours to support anyone over the age of 18 with their mental health and emotional wellbeing.
When can I come to the Listening Lounge?
Our Location: The Mind Wellbeing Centre, 3-11 DrakeStreet, Rochdale OL16 1RE
This is a free walk-in or self-referral service that is run by Wellbeing Workers and volunteers from Rochdale and District Mind, in partnership with local NHS services. Referrals from professionals are welcome with consent from client.
A bit more about the service
The aim of the Listening Lounge is to ensure the right care is provided to the right people in the right place at the right time. The Listening Lounge will provide a safe, welcoming none clinical and therapeutic environment to support individuals who are experiencing emotional distress. The objectives for the service will be to:
- Provide a space for people who are experiencing mental distress or feel that they are in crisis but are not acutely unwell.
- Provide immediate short term support outside of typical service opening hours.
- Provide a safe and calm environment to support patients through the delivery of brief interventions.
- Provide a meaningful alternative to hospital admission
- Support people in crisis
- Formulate a wellbeing personalised care plan
- Provide appropriate referral or signposting to existing services the following day;
- Support access to and signpost to relevant provisions to manage social stressors.
The aims of the Listening Lounge
The service will provide out of hours mental health support and aim to:
- Prevent escalation of mental health problems to avoid a mental health crisis;
- Prevent unnecessary referrals to secondary mental health services, A&E departments and other emergency out of hours services;
- Improve mental health and wellbeing;
- Increase independence and self-management;
- Help to identify groups, organisations and opportunities in the community that can support people in building social networks and develop coping skills to prevent mental health crises in the future;
Is there someone I can contact?
Please phone 01706 752 338 or 07392 313 880 for more information.